Helpful Links for Small Businesses and Individuals during this crisis.
Paid Leave Requirements and Tax Credit Provisions
Overview Employer Paid Leave Requirements and Tax Credit Provisions — A chart prepared by the House Committee on Ways and Means in regards to the H.R. 6201 Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
CARES Act: Unemployment Insurance Questions Answered — House Committee on Ways and Means FAQ page on unemployment benefits.
Trump Signs Coronavirus Relief Bill with Paid-Leave Mandate — Articles and resources from Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and other trusted media outlets on the news.
The New Employer Obligations under the Slightly Revised Families First Coronavirus Act — This article discusses the paid Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and paid sick leave provisions of the Act.
Small Business Loans
Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist — Guidance from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources — Guidance from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Remote Meeting Tools
Zoom — Free (with some limitations)
Webex — Free
MS Teams — Free (nearly fully functional, but time limited)
Google Meet — Free to Gsuite users
Google Hangouts — Must have a Google account
Tips for a Business Continuity During a Crisis — A guide to moving your staff remote, setting up an online portal, mobile scanning, eSignature tools and help with cloud-computing.
How to Set Up Your Home Office — Covers the three keys to ergonomics for the health and wellness of your office.
Online Security Tips
COVID-19 Security Resource Library — A compilation of tips and recommendations from the National Cyber Security Alliance on ways to stay safe online, as well as how to avoid cyber threats and scams during this pandemic.
Will Coronavirus Lead to More Cyber Attacks? — A Harvard Business Review article that covers tips that both employers and employees need to take the utmost care to protect themselves as well as confidential company information.
Employers Advised to Ponder Worst-Case Scenarios — SHRM article that discusses layoff options that include shift reductions, furloughs, reductions in force (RIFs) or even permanent office closures, all of which raise compliance issues under federal, state and local laws.
How Real Leaders Step Up to the Plate During a Crisis — The greatest leaders are forged in times of crisis and uncertainty. Here are five ways to be that kind of leader.
Fair Labor Standards Act Q&A — Guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor on the FLSA in relation to COVID-19 and other public health emergencies and sending employees home.
What You Should Know About the ADA — Guidance from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on taking employees temperatures.
Paid Sick Leave Act Notice — Employers are required to post this model notice regarding employees’ rights under the Paid Sick Leave Act (PSLA).
- CCIDA COVID-19 Resource Page
- Chautauqua County Chamber of Business COVID-19 Resource Page
- Chautauqua SBDC COVID Resources
- Chautauqua County Health Department
- New York State Health Department
- Support Local Restaurants: www.chqbuylocal.com
Gleason Tax Advisory Articles
- Relief for IndividualsYou can receive two weeks (up to 80 hours) of paid sick leave at 100% of your normal pay if you are unable to work because you are quarantined, and/or experiencing COVID-19…
- Credits for Small Business OwnersIf you have employees who are unable to work because of COVID-19 quarantine or self-quarantine, or have COVID-19 symptoms and are seeking a medical diagnosis, you may receive a refundable sick leave…
- COVID-19 IRS New Tax Credits and Extended DeadlinesAs the far-reaching effects of COVID-19 continue to impact us, the federal government and the IRS have implemented new tax credits and extended important deadlines. The 2019 federal income tax filing due…