Thinking about hiring minors in New York State?
In New York, the labor laws are designed to protect the well-being of our young workforce. Here are the working hour restrictions for minors:
- School Days: 3 hours on school days (outside of school hours).
- Non-School Days: 8 hours on non-school days.
- Weekly Limit: Up to 18 hours during school weeks and 40 hours during non-school weeks.
- Work Hours: Between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. (Extended to 9 p.m. from June 1st to Labor Day).
- No specific daily hour limit.
- Weekly Limit: Up to 28 hours during school weeks and 48 hours during non-school weeks.
- Work Hours: Between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. on school nights (Sunday through Thursday). It is extended to 12:30 a.m. on non-school nights and weekends.
Remember, the safety and education of our young workers is the most important! If you have any questions or need more info, don’t hesitate to reach out.