A Guide to Form 943 Filing
If you’re part of the Agriculture Industry, chances are you’re familiar with the intricate web of regulations the IRS sets. If the filing of Form 943 is a requirement for your business, we’re here to simplify the process and keep you in compliance. Let’s delve into some key questions that might determine your obligation to file and how we can assist you:
Did you pay wages to farmworkers subject to taxes?
- If you’ve paid wages to farmworkers subject to social security, Medicare taxes, or federal income taxes, Form 943 filing might be on your horizon.
Do you have at least one W-2 employee?
- Note that if you solely employ 1099 contractors and have no W-2 employees, Form 943 filing is not mandatory for you.
Do you expect to pay at least:
- $150 annually to a single agricultural employee
- $2500 annually to all agricultural employees combined
Do you exclusively employ agricultural workers?
- It’s important to understand that if you have retail employees in addition to agricultural workers, you may not qualify for Form 943 filing. Exclusions apply – see below.
Exclusions and Additional Information:
- OR & CT Annual Filers: If you file annually in Oregon (OR) or Connecticut (CT), or if your business is a new entity in these states filing annually, Gleason Tax Advisory support is at your disposal. Annual filers in these states can initiate our services at the beginning of a new year.
- Retail Employees: Agricultural employers with retail store employees filing Form 941 and Form 943 with the same Federal tax ID may not be supported. However, filing these forms separately with different tax IDs is fully supported under two separate accounts.
- H2A Employees and ITIN Holders: Employers with H2A employees or workers holding an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) are currently not supported.
- 1099G – Box 7 for Agricultural Payroll: Our system facilitates the tracking and reporting of agricultural payroll on 1099G forms, specifically in Box 7.
- Piecework Pay Types: Please note that, currently, our system does not support piecework pay types. If your payroll involves piecework and hourly wages, ensure that both components are adequately tracked for accurate filing.
Navigating the complexities of agricultural payroll compliance is crucial for the success of your business. By leveraging our services, you can streamline your Form 943 filing process and focus on what matters – cultivating success in the Agriculture Industry. Stay compliant, stay efficient, and let us handle the intricacies of your payroll.